Paris Apartment Rental
**As seen on House Hunters International** In the heart of the Marais, just two blocks from Saint-Paul metro (line 1), around the corner from the historic rue des Rosiers and a few minutes’ walk from Place des Vosges. Les Miroirs du Marais is a 1-bedroom luxury apartment, sleeps up to 4.
**Reservations: To reserve, ask questions, or to view the HHI episode, please e-mail me at email@example.com!** View a slideshow of additional photos of the apartment and photos of the neighborhood. And be sure to watch this short video of Paris, made by one of my guests, featuring a few shots of the apartment and our fabulous greeter, Michelle, as well!
For those of you who have followed my series of posts on Buying Property in Paris, you know that it has been a long process – the search, purchase and renovations.
If you missed my earlier posts, it’s not too late: I invite you to read about my thoughts and experiences on pre-search preparations, the apartment search, signing the purchase agreement, planning for renovations, the closing, managing renovations, an interview with Adrian Leeds, an earlier update on the renovations and moving tips a second update on renovations.
Ten months after I first laid eyes on the property, the renovations were finally completed and I was finally able to move in. But… when I am not in town, I am renting!
My apartment is a cozy 1-bedroom (35 square meters or 377 square feet) in a small and quiet 18th century building (just four other apartments). The apartment includes an open plan kitchen/dining/living room and one small bedroom, a toilet room and a shower room. There are high ceilings and exposed beams in the kitchen/living room. The apartment was fully renovated in 2012 by an architect and interior designer. Everything is custom-made, with traditional-style décor but modern appliances.
Here are the details:
- 2nd floor apartment, European (3rd floor, American), no elevator
- Intercom entry system
- American/open kitchen and dining area with all-new state-of-the-art appliances, stone countertops, custom wooden cabinets, dining for six around kitchen island
- Living area has a high-end 4-seater sofa that easily converts to a comfortable queen bed, traditional stone fireplace (non-working), desk area, flat-screen TV, DVD/stereo with surround sound, custom bookcases, antique chandelier (all lights on dimmers), large windows with custom curtains overlooking a narrow, quiet street
- Bedroom: queen-size custom-built canopy bed, custom curtains, built-in shelves, drawers, two closets, large window opens to quiet courtyard
- Shower room: Large Italian-style stone-tiled shower with large shower head, sink with stone countertop, access via bedroom
- WC: Toilet and small sink, access from bedroom and from living room
- Plenty of bed linens, hand, bath and kitchen towels
- Washing machine and dryer
- Hair dryer, iron, and ironing board
- Refrigerator with freezer
- 4-burner electric/induction stovetop and oven
- Microwave oven
- A complete array of kitchenware (all cooking utensils, dinner and tableware, serving pieces)
- Nespresso machine and French press
- Electric tea kettle and tea pot
- Picnic bag & blankets for outings
- DVD/CD player with surround sound, plays DVDs from all regions, with a small collection of movies in English and French (subtitles in French and English)
- Flat screen color TV with cable channels, including BBC World, CNN International, ESPN World and Al Jazeera International and cables to hook up a Macbook or iPad
- Private telephone line with free long distance telephone service to landlines in 106 countries, including US and Canada, as well as to mobile phone numbers in France, the US and Canada
- Ethernet cable and free WiFi internet access
- Several shelves of guidebooks, cookbooks and other books in English
- Manual with recommendations for local restaurants and instructions for equipment provided
- Two fluffy bathrobes for use during your stay
- Electricity, heat, telephone and internet included
- NEW: We now are one of the few Paris apartments to have air conditioning! It’s a fairly bulky unit with a hose that sticks out the window, as American-style window units are not allowed in Paris. But it gets the job done! There are also two fans if you prefer to live like the Parisians do.
- Note: this is a non-smoking apartment
To reserve, ask questions, or to view the House Hunters episode, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Keep in mind that I also own and rent a year-round home in the heart of Boothbay Harbor, Maine! Please visit my website for further details.